Monday, January 8, 2018

Day 9 of 40 Days of Prayer: Honor His Name

In this rotation of prayer, January of 2018, this day of prayer happens to fall on a day that is personally very significant to me – my mother’s birthday!   During my growing up years, a concept that was impressed upon me with great importance was the value of representing my family’s name with honor.  It was expected that everything I said and did would reflect in a way that brought respect and dignity to our family’s identity.

As much as I desire to honor my family name, I desire to honor God’s Name even more! How? By elevating the things that are important to God to be the utmost priorities in my own life.  The greatest commandment is to love God with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength and to love others as ourselves.  Our prayer lives should reflect these priorities, causing us to prioritize our prayer according to the father’s will and to prioritize praying for our efforts to minister to others.
 

Let us honor and value God’s Name in prayer by not trivializing our focus in our prayers, but praying with purpose, Kingdom focus and in such a way that even our smallest requests, reflect the greatest respect for our glorious God!


No comments: