Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Day 25 of 40 Days of Prayer: Love Jesus!

“Jesus loves me, this I know; for the Bible tells me so!”  While we are certain of Jesus’ love for us, are we committed in our love for Him?  While any Jesus follower would readily claim such love for Jesus, how can one really show love for Him? 

When instructing the disciples on the freedom they have to pray for anything in His Name, Jesus also shared the test of sincere love for Him.  Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commands.”  Those who follow Jesus, and seek Him in prayer, should also obey Jesus in how they live their lives.

As we pray in every season of the human experience, let us remember Jesus’ commands to love one another, pray for our enemies, and to serve rather than be served.  Let us not doubt or fear but live with good cheer because He promised to be with us, even to the very end!  When we live in such a way, we demonstrate with our actions as much as with our words that the words of the old hymn truly apply to us,


There is a Name I love to hear, I love to sing its worth; It sounds like music in my ear, The sweetest Name on earth! Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me!


No comments: