Sunday, January 21, 2018

Day 22 of 40 Days of Prayer: Discern God’s Plan

In the mid-1970’s, Rock artist Peter Frampton released a live album, Frampton Alive, that sky-rocketed to prominence not only on the charts, but in the history of Rock and Roll.  The biggest hit on that album is entitled, “Show Me the Way.” The lyrics strongly suggest that someone is urgently searching for life direction and guidance.  Frampton sings,

Who can I believe in
I'm kneeling on the floor
There has to be a force, who do I phone
The stars are out and shining
But all I really want to know
Oh, won't you show me the way
I want you to show me the way!

An even more famous song writer, David of the Bible, had a similar cry, except that he knows it is God whom is asking for direction in his life. In the 25th Psalm, David sings,

Show me your ways, Lord,
Teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
For you are God my Savior,
And my hope is in you all day long.


God wants us to know His plans for us, but knowing where He is taking us requires staying close to Him in a day by day walk.  God doesn’t usually show us where He’s taking us years in advance.  Draw near to God and stay close by crying out to Him in prayer and searching His ways through His Word.  He will answer and not disappoint.


No comments: