Saturday, October 11, 2014

Be The Friend Who Heals

Are you the kind of friend people can approach when they need wisdom and guidance from a heart filled with love and concern? Do you have friends you can approach in like manner when you really need somewhere to turn? Proverbs 27:9 says, "Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel!" I have been blessed over the past cople of days by friends who offered me the sweet aroma of a listening ear and the soothing ointment of wise counsel. I am fortunate to have such friends and I hope I am consistently such a friend myself! Be a blessing for a friend today by listening to their stories, and encouraging them in their distress. Regardless of your appearance, this will make you as welcome as fragrant a bouquet and as comforting as the most precious healing ointment!

No comments: