Thursday, March 1, 2018

Will You Still Love Me, Tomorrow?


Over the years, I have appreciated the vast reservoir of wisdom that has been made available to me in response to a question of significant consequence that my dear Luz asks from time to time. “Would you, could you have ever loved another rather than me?”  Though the wisdom that has been shared has been deep and wide, the best answer to such a question can only be found in the recesses of the heart of the one to whom the question was originally presented - mine. How do I respond to my beloved asking me if I could have given my heart to another, when I possess an irrevocable conviction that God ordained our union?

I respond with all the love and commitment that I possess. I assure her that though many wonderful, beautiful, capable, and amazing women crossed my path in my years of singleness - some of whom may have been exceptional life partners in the “would you, could you world” - only she held the key to the combination that unlocked the kind of love that lasts a lifetime in the real world in which we live. Only she had the pin that released the code that ignited the flames of my heart in to a level of holy passion that consumed and continues to consume me body, mind and soul. Only she, Maria-Luz Bautista de Jackson y Roda, is the woman for me.

There are many wonderful women in this world, but only Luz holds my heart in her hands, owns my will at her command, and has the singular and exclusive covenant that identifies me as hers until the Lord calls us home. I offer this verse from the Grass Roots to my Luz, “I’d wait a million years, walk a million miles, cry a million tears! I’d swim the deepest sea, climb the highest hill, just to have you near me!” That's my answer and I'm sticking to it!



No comments: