Monday, July 8, 2013

Some Enchanted Evening

“Some enchanted evening, when you find your true love… Once you have found her, NEVER let her go!”

These words from South Pacific never rang more true than they did for me 24 years ago this week! My enchanted evening cast its spell on me in the loveliness of the Pearl of the Pacific in the Philippine International Cultural Center when my eyes first beheld the incomparable Luz Bautista! I knew that I had found “her” and that I could not let her go. Nevertheless, a gauntlet of challenges awaited me before I could transform my dream of spending the rest of my life with Luz into the world of reality! I had to pursue her and win her love, beat down other suitors, wade through the bureaucracies of two countries and earn the trust of many caring people before I could truly make her my own! By God’s grace and after expending much blood, sweat and tears, it happened! I extend a heartfelt thank you to all of you who have believed in us, encouraged and walked with us as faithful friends over the years. I praise God for Luz’s love for me and pray that we have many, many years of love and life ahead of us on this earth before ultimately walking together with the Lord and His Heavenly Throng throughout all eternity!

No comments: